Mir Yasir Ali is Associate of Schiff Hardin LLP. Clients seek out Mir to solve their business and legal problems. As a creative and skilled litigator, Mir has achieved success for his clients by winning jury verdicts and judgments at trial, obtaining favorable rulings through dispositive motion practice, and resolving matters through alternative dispute resolution.
Mir practices in many areas of litigation, including the following:
- Environmental litigation
- Complex commercial litigation
- SAP litigation
- Mortgage fraud and Closing Protection Letter litigation
- Mediation and alternative dispute resolution counseling
- Veterans issues
Mir has litigated dozens of complex cases and is experienced with initial pleadings, discovery, e-discovery, fact and expert witnesses, motion practice, and trial in both federal and state courts. When litigation is not in the best interests of Mir’s clients, he has counseled them through alternative dispute resolution to quickly resolve problems efficiently and outside of court.
Before he was a lawyer, Mir served for seven years active duty in the United States Army as an infantry officer and Special Forces Detachment Commander with two combat deployments to Afghanistan.
As a veteran himself, Mir also serves as head of the firm’s military inclusion network, organizing military appreciation events and leading initiatives to serve the legal needs of veterans pro bono.
Mir was a 2008 Bergstrom Fellow and worked as a student attorney for the University of Michigan Child Advocacy Law Clinic throughout law school.
Mir has achieved many notable victories for his clients, including the following:
- Won a $2.3 million jury trial verdict in closing protection letter lawsuit. Trial verdict was affirmed by Sixth Circuit.
- Served as senior associate at 3-week liability trial in a $1 billion Clean Air Act lawsuit brought by the U.S. Department of Justice. United States v. Ameren Missouri.
- Settled, at a fraction of potential exposure, two $100 million complex breach-of-contract claims against $9 billion technology company client. First claim was resolved before client incurred substantial discovery costs, and second claim was settled before costly and risky fast track arbitration.
- Obtained speedy court order in patent litigation case prohibiting our client’s competitor from selling of 70,000 units of its product. (Zippysack LLC v. Ontel Products Corporation.
- Won sole custody and full child support for single mother in pro bono representation against a father who owed over $40,000 in support.
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., December 2009
- University of Illinois, B.A., 2000
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$