Mireille Oldak is an associate in Baker McKenzie’s Tax Practice Group in the Washington, DC office, where she handles both domestic and international tax law controversies, and dispute resolution. Mireille represents clients in all stages of tax disputes, from audit and administrative appeals to litigation before the United States Tax Court and other federal courts.
She has experience in a wide range of international and domestic tax issues, including transfer pricing, transferee liability, tax shelters, and erroneous refund suits. In addition to her trial experience and motions practice, Mireille has briefed appeals to the Second, Fifth, and Ninth Circuits.
- Cornell Law School (J.D.) (2011)
- New York University (B.A. Comparative Literature cum laude) (2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit~United States (2017)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit~United States (2017)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2016)
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims~United States (2016)
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia~United States (2015)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York State Bar Association – Tax Section
- American Bar Association – Tax Section
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented a global technology company in summons enforcement action brought by the IRS.
- Tried Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act (TEFRA), period of limitations, and economic substance issues before the United States Tax Court for former partners of BCP Trading & Investments, LLC.
- Defended former shareholders in transferee liability suit before the United States Tax Court as well as appeals to the Second and Ninth Circuits.
- Represented media and entertainment company in erroneous refund litigation.
- Represented multinational companies in transfer pricing disputes during IRS examinations and before IRS Appeals.
Rate : $$$$