Miriam Archibong advises major utilities on complex regulatory, transactional and litigation matters related to a variety of renewable and energy projects. Miriam also advises municipalities on environmental matters, with an emphasis on the Clean Water Act.
Miriam helps clients navigate a wide range of issues under state regulatory law and offers practical counsel for transactional matters and disputes. Miriam efficiently advises nonexperts and professionals regarding myriad agreements and interpretations of the law.
Prior to joining the firm, Miriam served as a law clerk to the Honorable Raymond A. Jackson in the Eastern District of Virginia. She was also a Fulbright research fellow in Singapore, where she studied the country’s education policy changes.
Miriam formerly interned with the White House Office of Public Engagement and the White House Council on Environmental Quality. She was also a Teach For America high school history teacher in Atlanta, Georgia.
During law school, Miriam served as the founding editor-in-chief of the University of Pennsylvania (UPenn) Journal of Law & Public Affairs and interned in the Philadelphia Law Department’s Legislation and Appeals Unit.
She was also the communications chair for the UPenn Graduate and Professional Student Association and served as a voting member on UPenn’s University Council.
Representative Matters :
- Advises clients on power purchase agreements and interconnection agreements.
- Counsels clients on the Clean Water Act.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- State Bar of Georgia
- Project Healthy Grandparents, Georgia State University, Board Member
- Atlanta Board of Education’s Equity Task Force, Board Member
- Grady Health System Ambassador
- Truman National Security Project
- Lead Atlanta, Class of 2019
Professional Experience :
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Raymond A. Jackson, Eastern District of Virginia, 2016-2017
- White House Spring Intern, Council on Environmental Quality, 2015
- White House Summer Intern, Office of Public Engagement, 2013
- Teach For America, Atlanta, Georgia, 2010-2012
- Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Certificate, Management
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., Dean Scholar, 2016, Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Law and Public Affairs
- Harvard Graduate School of Education, Ed. M., 2010
- Spelman College, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2009
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Georgia Superior Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Rate : $$$