Miriam Swedlow has extensive experience working within the healthcare industry. Prior to law school, she provided clinical care as a staff and charge nurse in hospitals for over a decade. During law school, she elected to focus in health care law, exceeding the requirements of the school’s health law concentration track.
Miriam is a skilled researcher and writer and an accomplished oral advocate. She has analyzed party briefs and pleadings for multiple judges, in addition to drafting summaries of briefs, arguments, and orders. Miriam has experience conducting research in health law, litigation, real estate, and employment.
Miriam works with health systems, hospitals, and health care professionals to navigate the complex federal and state regulatory framework to find solutions that minimize risk and allow them to focus on providing exceptional care to their patients. She has experience in alternative payment models, physician contracting and compensation, fraud and abuse, EMTALA, telehealth, peer review, medical staff, certificate of need, and health care antitrust. Miriam frequently lectures on EMTALA and its continued impact for hospitals and providers.
- Judicial Clerk, Hon. John H. Chun, King County Superior Court, Seattle, 2015
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2015
- Legal Clerk, Chemnick, Moen & Greenstreet, Seattle, 2014-2016
- Charge Nurse / Staff Nurse, Family Birth Center, St. Francis Hospital, Federal Way, Wash., 2006- 2013; 2002- 2005
- Staff Nurse, Family Birth Center, Evergreen Hospital, Kirkland, Wash., 2005
- Sigma Theta Tau (Nursing Honor Society)
- Coordinator, Seattle Hebrew Academy Annual Fundraiser, 2009-2015
- Board Member, Menachem Mendel Seattle Cheder, 2003 – 2005
- Volunteer, Friends of Seward Park
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law, 2016, with honors
- VP of Judges, Moot Court Honor Board
- Health Law Concentration
- President, Jewish Student Legal Association
- Student Liaison, Cardozo Society, WSBA Jewish Minority Bar Association
- MAMAS Mother Attorneys Mentoring Association of Seattle
- Student Health Law Organization
- B.S., Nursing, University of Washington School of Nursing, 2001, cum laude
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Quarterly Dean’s List
- Annual Dean’s List
Rate : $$$