Missy Mordy’s practice is focused on employment litigation, defending employers of all sizes against discrimination, wrongful termination, hostile work environment, retaliation, and wage and hour claims. Missy frequently defends employers in connection with charges filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state civil rights agencies. She also regularly represents management clients in labor arbitrations.
Missy also has experience counseling clients on compliance with wage and hour laws (e.g., Fair Labor Standards Act, Washington Minimum Wage Act) and leave laws (e.g., Family & Medical Leave Act, Washington Family Leave Act, and Washington Family Care Act). She frequently advises clients on severance and termination issues, performance management concerns, and trade secret and noncompete issues.
She also conducts trainings for managers on various topics, including preventing sexual harassment and wage and hour compliance. Missy also has extensive experience conducting workplace investigations.
Prior to joining Davis Wright Tremaine, Missy worked as a litigation paralegal for Shearman & Sterling LLP in New York and as an extern for the Honorable Thomas Zilly in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- Judicial Extern, Hon. Thomas Zilly, U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, Seattle, 2009
- Summer Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine, Seattle, 2008
- Law & Corporate Affairs Summer Intern, Starbucks Coffee Company, Seattle, 2007
- Legal Assistant (Paralegal), Shearman & Sterling LLP, New York, N.Y., 2003-2006
- J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2009, summa cum laude
- Executive Editor of Lead Articles, Law Review
- National Moot Court Team: Northwest Regional Competition, 2009
- B.A., Law, Jurisprudence & Social Thought, Spanish, Amherst College, 2003, magna cum laude
- Psi Upsilon Award (scholarship for scholastic excellence, community involvement)
Rate : $$$