Mitch Thompson is the practice group leader of our Tax Strategy & Benefits practice where he focuses on corporate taxation and international tax matters. Mitch has extensive experience advising clients on US, non-US and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructuring, transfer pricing and financing transactions.
Prior to rejoining the firm in 2004, Mitch served for six years as global tax counsel for several automotive businesses at TRW Inc., then a multinational automotive and technology company. While at TRW, Mitch had tax law and planning responsibility for acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures ranging in value from US$11 million to more than US$1.5 billion.
In addition, Mitch oversaw transfer pricing planning and legal compliance for several operating divisions and contributed to key corporate tax initiatives including TRW’s acquisition by the Northrop Grumman Corporation and the subsequent disposition of various business divisions by Northrop.
Since returning to Squire Patton Boggs, Mitch has had lead tax responsibility advising clients on numerous mergers and acquisitions and transfer pricing projects for listed companies, private equity and cross-border funds with an emphasis on complex, cross-border transactions. Mitch is a Six Sigma Green Belt and co-leader of Squire Patton Boggs’ Legal Project Management initiatives.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Frequent speaker on tax topics
- Coordinator of the Cleveland International Tax Forum
- Past-president of the Tax Club of Cleveland
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Cleveland Tax Institute
- Member of the Advisory Board for the Case Western Reserve University School of Law Center for Business Law and Regulation
- Case Western Reserve University, LL.M., Taxation, 2001
- Case Western Reserve University, J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1994
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1991
Rate : $$$$