Mitchell Bierman is the Miami-Dade Office Managing Director. Mitch specializes in government affairs and administrative law matters for major international companies in the transportation, environmental and solid waste, and engineering and construction industries.
His work includes winning and negotiating large public contracts, public private partnerships, public infrastructure improvements and affordable housing developments as well as advocating for industry clients on legislative issues affecting their industries.
Mitch’s skills and relationships were developed during his government career in which he served as Assistant Dade County Attorney from 1990 to 1996. He continues to serve government as the current Town Attorney for the Town of Cutler Bay and the Village Attorney for the Village of Pinecrest in Miami-Dade County, and he provides key expertise to many of the firm’s other government clients on particular matters.
Mitch chairs our Airports and Aviation Services Group which is a special practice in airport law representing airports and airport-related business including airlines, cargo carriers, car rental companies, airport concessionaires, consultants and construction and engineering firms.
Prior to joining us, Mitch was counsel to Miami International Airport and he has nearly 20 years of experience in airport finance, airline negotiations, airport concessions, and land leasing and development.
Mitch has helped numerous concessionaires win major airport concessions around the United States and has negotiated airline-airport use agreements, rental car facility agreements, fuel system lease agreements, management agreements, rental car lease and concession agreements, and other ground transportation agreements. He has also assisted airports in their non-aviation development deals, expansions, construction projects, labor agreements and First Amendment issues.
- New York University School of Law, JD, 1989
- George Washington University, BA, Philosophy, 1986
- Law Review: New York University Review of Law and Social Change, Note and Comment Editor, 1988 – 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Immediate Past Chair, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Transportation Committee
- Founding Member, Eugene P. Spellman Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Chairman, Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- New Works Council, Miami Light Project
- Chair, Government Relations Committee
- Secretary of Board of Trustees, Perez Art Museum Miami
- Past Chairman, Attorneys’ Division Greater Miami Jewish Federation
- Miami Foundation, Member, Board of Governors
- Member, Miami-Dade Cultural Affairs Council
Rate : $$$