Mitchell Heyland is an associate in the Finance Practice Group in the Dallas office of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on the representation of financial institutions, private equity firms and commercial borrowers in a range of commercial lending transactions, including subscription secured credit facilities, syndicated credit facilities, acquisition financings, commodities finance transactions, mortgage warehouse financings, margin loan facilities and real estate secured facilities.
Mitchell’s financial transaction experience includes:
- Representing a global banking institution as administrative agent in parallel $3.5 billion multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional capital commitment subscription-secured credit facilities for a global real estate investment management firm.
- Representing global banking institutions as administrative and syndication agents in a $2 billion multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional capital commitment subscription-secured credit facility for a global alternative asset management firm.
- Representing a global banking institution in negotiating and documenting a $1.35 billion syndicated credit facility with a leading mountain resort company.
- Representing a major convenience store chain in an unsecured syndicated investment grade corporate revolver in the amount of $500 million.
- Representing a major restaurant, hotel and casino operator in a $1.4 billion senior and subordinated notes offering and a $1 billion secured incremental term loan and revolver.
- Representing a national banking institution in connection with all mortgage warehouse lending transactions across the southern and south-western portions of the United States.
- Representing a global banking institution in negotiating and documenting margin loan credit facilities in an aggregate amount of $67.5 million, secured by margin stock.
- Representing an agent in a $700 million syndicated loan secured by commodities related collateral.
- Representing a private equity sponsor and its portfolio companies in obtaining a $25 million senior loan secured by all assets and a $6 million mezzanine credit facility in connection with the acquisition of a private specialty paper products manufacturing company.
- Representing a private equity sponsor and its portfolio companies in obtaining a $12.5 million term loan and a $2 million revolving loan secured by all assets in connection with the acquisition of a specialty foods manufacturing company.
- Representing a private equity fund in negotiating and preparing a $4.5 million junior term loan facility with an equipment manufacturing company and an intercreditor agreement with the senior lender.
- J.D., University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2016, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; James Wilson Scholar; Senior Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review; Wharton Certificate in Management
- B.M., University of Lethbridge, 2013
ADMISSIONS : Texas, 2016
Rate : $$$