Moe Keshavarzi is a partner in the Business Trial Practice Group in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Mr. Keshavarzi counsels clients in the healthcare, retail and insurance sectors, with a particular emphasis on representing health plans and health insurers in federal and state courts.
In the healthcare arena, Mr. Keshavarzi counsels and represents health plans, health insurers and related entities in consumer and unfair competition class actions, claims for bad faith denial of benefits, and general commercial disputes, among other matters. He also represents and counsels retail clients in class actions alleging claims for false advertising, unfair competition, breach of contract and antitrust violations.
Mr. Keshavarzi is a Co-Chair of the Los Angeles Office Recruiting Committee and West Coast Chair of Pro Bono for the firm. He is actively involved in pro bono work and impact litigation and serves on the boards of directors of Public Counsel and Western Center for Law and Poverty.
- J.D., University of California, Hastings, 2002, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- B.A., San Diego State University, 1999
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Central, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
- Secured dismissal and recovered attorney’s fees for one of California’s largest workers’ compensation insurers in action alleging violation of California antitrust laws.
- Secured dismissal of multiple complaints for several workers’ compensation insurers in several parallel actions alleging violations of California workers’ compensation statutes.
- Secured dismissal of class action complaint against manufacturer alleging illegal recording of telephone calls in violation of California Penal Code Section 632 and 632.7.
- Secured dismissal of federal class action complaint for financial services client involving allegations of unfair competition and fraud.
- Secured dismissal of federal class action complaint for online retailer involving alleged violations of California Penal Code 632.7.
- Representation of several insurance companies in the largest class action filed in California’s Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board.
- Advice and counselling to several insurers in connection with creation and modification of Medical Provider Networks.
- Member, Los Angeles Bar Association
- Board Member, Western Center on Law and Poverty
- Board Member, Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under the Law
- Board of Governors, UC Hastings College of the Law
Rate : $$$