Moiz Shirazi is a Principal Economist in the Chicago office. He focuses on transfer pricing and provides his clients with economic analyses and valuations that assist them in planning and supporting business reorganizations, as well as establishing and documenting global transfer prices.
Mr. Shirazi has led economic analyses for a diverse set of clients from many different industries, including analyses on transfer pricing planning in the context of global restructuring, assistance in negotiating advance pricing agreements (APAs) with the IRS, intangible property valuation, preparing US and foreign transfer pricing documentation and transfer pricing controversy.
Mr. Shirazi focuses his practice on transfer pricing and valuation matters in relation to pricing of intercompany loans, cash pooling arrangements, guarantee fees, thin capitalization, stock option valuation, credit swaps, interest rate swaps, currency swaps, and other financial instruments.
He has worked with some of the largest companies in the financial services industry to establish pricing for financial instruments, shared services arrangements, global trading and investment management operations, and revenue sharing in the context of client acquisition.
Mr. Shirazi has also worked with some of the largest insurance companies in pricing for reinsurance transactions and remuneration for underwriting services.
- University of Chicago (M.B.A.)
- University of Chicago (B.A. Economics)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Transfer Pricing Committee
- International Trade Association of Greater Chicago
- U.S. – Russia Business Council
- U.S. – Tokyo Business Council
Representative Legal Matters:
- Assisted global insurance company in pricing of risk transfer associated with reinsurance and captive insurance functions and revenue sharing between network and brokerage offices around the world.
- Led efforts to analyze and develop pricing for intercompany credit and performance guarantees as part of a global commodity trading operation.
- Assisted Fortune 100 retailer in negotiating 2 bilateral APAs involving the United States, Canada, and Mexico, including managing all aspects of the economic and transfer pricing analyses.
- Conducted numerous transfer pricing analyses related to intercompany sale of tangible and intangible property and intercompany services for companies in the automotive, financial services, insurance, transportation and logistics, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries.
Rate : $$$