Molly S. Carella divides her practice into two areas: class action and complex litigation, and appeals involving class actions and other high-stakes matters. She represents clients in a wide range of industries, including consumer products, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, building construction, pharmaceuticals, animal health and energy.
She has an extensive appellate practice and has successfully represented clients in state and federal courts around the country. Her recent appellate successes include:
- The Sixth Circuit affirmed the dismissal of a putative class action against Pfizer, Inc., and Bristol-Myers Squibb alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act;
- The Tenth Circuit affirmed the dismissal of a complaint against American Express Centurion Bank brought under the Fair Credit Billing Act;
- The Eighth Circuit affirmed the final approval of a nationwide class action settlement on behalf of Remington Arms Company; and
- The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals affirmed summary judgment entered in favor of American Express in a case where the plaintiff alleged fraud, defamation and other tort claims.
In her class action practice, Molly works as an advisor and collaborator with her clients, not only to determine immediate litigation strategy but also to develop a thorough understanding of their businesses. By doing so, she is able to provide counsel that helps her clients build both short-term and long-term business objectives for success that will last long after the litigation is resolved. Moreover, she works to find innovative settlement options in both class actions and individual cases.
Molly is a member of the advisory board for the Shook, Hardy & Bacon Center for Excellence in Advocacy at the University of Kansas School of Law. She also is a former adjunct professor of civil procedure and has been a guest presenter in the school’s complex litigation course and products liability seminar.
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, 2004
- Order of the Coif
- Kansas Law Review, Articles Editor
- Raymond F. Rice Foundation Scholar
- Teaching Assistant, legal research and writing programs
- B.A., with distinction, University of Kansas, 2000
- Phi Beta Kappa
- National Merit Scholar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Clerk to The Hon. Deanell Reece Tacha, U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit.
Rate : $$$$