Molly Siebert Eckman’s practice is concentrated in insurance coverage and defense. Molly counsels and represents foreign and domestic insurers in a wide variety of coverage matters, including first-party flood, fire, life insurance, business interruption, and personal property claims, as well as third-party asbestos, assault and battery, products liability, construction defect, and environmental contamination claims.
She is well-versed in claims handling guidelines and bad faith laws, and has successfully defended insurers against alleged violations of the same. In addition, Molly defends against premises liability, employment discrimination, breach of contract, consumer class action, product liability, and legal malpractice claims. Molly handles coverage and defense litigation at both the trial court and appellate court levels.
Molly is committed to pro bono service and has assisted multiple clients seeking asylum in the United States. Along with the firm’s Seattle office, she received the 2005 Amicus Award from the Northwest Immigrant Rights Project, due to the branch’s ongoing pro bono efforts on behalf of immigration and asylum clients.
Molly earned her Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, from the University of San Diego in 2001. She earned her law degree, with honors, from the University of Washington School of Law in 2004, where she was associate editor-in-chief of the Pacific Rim Law & Policy Journal, and an extern for the Honorable Barbara J. Rothenstein.
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 2004
- University of San Diego, B.A., magna cum laude, 2001
BAR ADMISSIONS : Oregon; Washington
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Superior Court of Washington
- U.S. District Court — Oregon
- U.S. District Court — Western District of Washington
- Washington Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court — Colorado
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Washington State Bar Association
Rate : $$$$