Molly Poag focuses on complex litigation and arbitration, with an emphasis on insurance coverage litigation. Her practice includes trial and appellate work and various forms of alternative dispute resolution. Much of her work has involved representation of insurance carriers in coverage matters involving environmental claims, pharmaceutical products liability claims, and medical device claims.
Molly’s work outside of the coverage area has included representing former Prisoners of War from the First Gulf War in an effort to hold Iraq responsible for their torture and deter the torture of future POWs. This representation included playing a leading role in litigation efforts, interfacing with the State Department, and participating in press events, including an interview in a 60 Minutes piece focusing on this important cause.
- Consultant to Secretary Bruce Babbitt and Director of the Department of Regulatory Affairs, US Department of the Interior (1993-1996)
- Worked on Vice President Gore’s Regulatory Reform Initiative (1996)
Bar & Court Admissions:
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Texas
- US Court of Appeals, District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- J.D., University of South Carolina School of Law, 1986, cum laude
- B.A., College of Charleston, 1983, magna cum laude, Political Science
Rate : $$$