Molly H. Tranbaugh is an associate in the firm’s litigation group, where she has extensive experience before state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels. She has represented clients in a variety of disputes, including complex commercial litigation, securities enforcement and shareholder litigation, trade secret litigation and employment litigation focusing on restrictive covenants.
Molly also maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients in claims for immigration relief and having served as a public service attorney for the New York City Law Department.
Molly serves as co-chair of the Women’s Steering Committee for BakerHostetler’s New York office. Prior to joining the firm, she was an aide to President Barack Obama in the White House Office of the Chief of Staff. She previously served as a special assistant in then Senator Obama’s office in Washington, D.C.
- Represent corporate clients in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters in state and federal courts.
- Defend publicly held banks and boards of directors against attempts to enjoin shareholder votes on mergers and acquisitions. Successfully negotiated favorable settlements to prevent any delay in the consummation of those transactions.
- Represent businesses in restrictive covenant and trade secret disputes, including clients in the professional services and media industries.
- Counsel member of limited liability company through valuation of equity interest and successful resolution of business divorce dispute.
- Represent media organization in employment dispute, negotiating favorable settlement of all claims.
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2013
- B.A., Government and English; minor in Spanish, Georgetown University, 2006
Admissions : New York, 2014
Rate : $$$$