Molly M. White represents clients in complex commercial litigation and government, regulatory and criminal investigation matters. She has a general commercial litigation practice and has tried to verdict several large cases, including misappropriation of likeness, breach of contract, antitrust, and securities fraud cases.
Molly also has substantial experience defending clients facing criminal, government and regulatory inquiries and conducting corporate audits. In particular, she has represented investment companies, broker-dealers, and individuals in investigations conducted by various regulators, including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), FINRA, and the California Department of Business Oversight.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Molly served as senior trial counsel at the SEC for almost a decade. In that role, Molly prosecuted cases in all areas of federal securities enforcement, including accounting fraud, offering fraud, options backdating and market-timing.
She also conducted investigations of securities laws violations, including complex financial fraud and insider trading. Before that, Molly served as a law clerk to the Honorable Stephen S. Trott at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Member of trial team that defended a large retail chain in a jury trial in Los Angeles Superior Court, in which a model alleged misappropriation of his likeness.
- Lead counsel in options backdating case against large semiconductor company in Southern California.
- Member of trial team in complex breach of contract case between two large telecommunications corporations, involving more than 14 telecommunications contracts.
- Member of trial team representing a manufacturer of resettable fuses in an eight-week federal jury trial against competitor, involving antitrust and misappropriation of trade secrets issues.
- Loyola Law School Los Angeles, JD, cum laude,Order of the Coif, Editor-in-Chief, Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, 1993
- Georgetown University, BSFS, International Politics, 1987
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Executive Committee, Red Mass for the Saint Thomas More Society
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar, Litigation Section
- Member, Women’s Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
Rate : $$$