Molly Lauren Wiltshire is a litigator who represents companies and individuals in diverse legal areas, including government regulatory and grand jury investigations, complex civil and commercial disputes, and environmental and animal litigation.
When clients seek Molly’s advice, they’re asking for more than legal guidance. That’s why she first takes a wide-angle approach, fostering mutual trust and clear communication so that she understands the pressures her clients face from internal and external stakeholders.
She then provides strategic, practical counsel that never loses sight of her client’s business objectives. And when it comes to high stakes litigation, she works closely with experts and consultants to navigate voluminous data sets, distilling complex technical issues to capture her client’s perspective concisely and persuasively.
In addition to litigating, she has presented to corporate counsel and bar association groups on the attorney-client privilege and ethical rules regarding confidentiality, especially as they relate to the in-house counsel role, and diversity and inclusion in the legal profession
Molly has managed complex civil discovery practice in multiple federal cases. With both trial and appellate court experience, Molly has argued and defeated motions to dismiss and won a number of other pre- and post-trial motions for her clients. She also has drafted pleadings, appellate briefs, preliminary injunction motions, and discovery motions. Her experience includes the following:
- Expert witness retention and development for deposition and trial
- Fact witness interviews, deposition and trial testimony preparation
- Depositions of fact and expert witnesses
- Managing e-discovery in complex civil and white collar cases
- Trial graphics development
- Merits and post-trial briefing
- University of Chicago Law School, J.D., 2012
- Columbia University, B.A., 2006
- La Universidad Autónoma de Yucatán – Merida Mexico, Study Abroad Program, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pathfinder
- Social Impact Incubator, Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) Animal Law Section Council, Member
- American Bar Association (ABA) TIPS Animal Law Committee, Member and Newsletter Editor
Rate : $$$