Monica A. Frois is a shareholder in the Firm’s New Orleans office and concentrates her practice on health care matters as well as complex litigation, insurance coverage, legal ethics and professional responsibility litigation.
Ms. Frois represents health care systems, behavioral health systems, hospital service districts, hospitals, physicians, dentists, medical groups, staffing agencies, long term care institutions, home health care providers, Medicare advantage companies and numerous other health care providers on operational, compliance, HIPAA privacy and security, regulatory and transactional issues and a wide variety of litigation.
With four years of service on the Hearing Committee for the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board – 2004 to 2008 – she brings extensive experience dealing with attorney disciplinary matters, legal malpractice and professional liability.
Ms. Frois has tried numerous cases, with over 40 reported decisions in both state and federal jurisdictions. Ms. Frois also has extensive appellate advocacy experience and has appeared before the Louisiana Supreme Court and every Louisiana Appellate Circuit Court except one.
Ms. Frois has handled appellate matters involving constitutional issues, class actions, medical malpractice, health care, insurance, property and casualty. Many of these cases have involved issues of first impression in Louisiana.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1990
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 1987
- Louisiana, 1990
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 1990
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana, 1990
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana, 1990
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 2011
- Extensive representation of physicians, nurses and all types of providers in licensing board matters.
- Representation of Continuing Care Retirement Providers and Nursing Homes in litigation, transaction and regulatory matters.
- Provided Health Care Reform Act (HCRA) counsel to various industries.
- Prepared hospital bylaws, medical rules and regulations and a fair hearing plan.
- Represented an international health care provider in resolving Hurricane Katrina claims throughout the Gulf region.
- Represented providers in Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC) audit matters.
- Represented providers in reimbursement and appeals.
- Represented a major hospital system in the termination of all contracts related to force majeure issues.
- Represented providers and health care systems in medical staff disputes.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Honoree – Leadership in Law 2012, New Orleans CityBusiness
- Recipient – Animal Legal Defense Fund’s 2011 Advancement in Animal Law Pro Bono Achievement Award
- Leadership in Law Class of 2009, New Orleans CityBusiness
- Member – American Academy of Hospital Attorneys
- Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Association of Women Attorneys
- Member – National Health Lawyers Association
- Member – Baker Donelson’s Diversity Committee
- Board of Directors – Save Our Cemeteries (2012 – 2016)
- Board of Directors, Hermann-Grima and Gallier Historic Houses
- Board of Directors, Save Our Cemeteries (SOC), 2012 – 2015
- Board of Directors, NOLA City Dog Park, Founding Member, 2007 – present
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Medical/Legal Interprofessional Committee
- Southern Repertory Theatre, Past Member and Board President
Rate : $$$$