Monica Gianni advises clients on tax matters related to the formation, operation, sale, and reorganization of corporations, partnerships, and limited liability companies. She has particular expertise in tax issues with U.S. clients doing business in foreign countries and foreign investors entering the U.S. market.
She regularly advises clients on transactions involving real property, including purchases and sales, like-kind exchanges, passive loss limitations, and FIRPTA.
Monica represents clients in IRS tax audits and appeals. She is an assistant professor at California State University, Northridge, and previously taught at the University of Florida, University of Washington, Seattle University, Leiden University International Tax Center, University Mohammed I, University of Lisbon, and Munster University.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Section of Taxation, American Bar Association
- Section of Taxation, Washington State Bar Association
- Certified Public Accountant, Washington state
- Volunteer, Seattle Humane Society
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida, 1995
- Recipient of Richard B. Stephens award for outstanding tax graduate
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 1979
- Recipient of Judge Roger Kiley Fellowship
- B.A., Business Administration, Seattle University, 1976, summa cum laude
- Recipient of award for outstanding graduate in the School of Business
Rate : $$$