Monica Strady is developing her practice in the areas of construction litigation and construction transactions. Monica represents general contractors, subcontractors, and manufacturers in litigation involving construction defects, impact and delay claims, construction liens, and contract disputes.
Monica’s practice also includes reviewing and advising clients in the preparation, negotiation, modification, and administration of all types of contracts and forms related to construction and development transactions. Her litigation experience informs her transactional practice and helps her anticipate and navigate potential risks when drafting and negotiating construction contract documents.
Prior to joining Carlton Fields, Monica practiced in the areas of consumer protection litigation and foreclosure litigation. While in law school, Monica completed multiple internships. She worked as a federal judicial intern for the Honorable Amanda Arnold Sansone, as an in-house counsel intern with the University of South Florida Office of the General Counsel, and as a juvenile justice intern with the Office of Attorney General for the District of Columbia.
Monica is also passionate about volunteerism and is particularly committed to being an effective advocate for the best interests of Florida’s children through Florida’s Guardian ad Litem Program.
- Stetson University College of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Furman University (B.A., 2014)
- Associate Attorney, Boss Law, St. Petersburg, FL (2017-2018)
- In-House Counsel Extern, University of South Florida, Office of the General Counsel, Tampa, FL (2017)
- Law Clerk, William S. Foley, P.A., Tampa, FL (2016)
- FL Federal Judicial Intern for the Honorable Amanda Arnold Sansone, The United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (2016)
- Summer Associate, Juvenile Division, Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, Washington (2015)
- Law Clerk, Thirteenth Circuit Public Defender’s Office, Greenville, SC (2013)
- Criminal Justice Law Clerk to The Honorable Leila Foster, Bond Court, Greenville, SC (2012)
Rate : $$$