Monica L. Summers is an associate in Akerman’s Consumer Financial Services Practice Group. Monica represents a wide array of financial services companies in state and federal litigation including class actions and litigation involving homeowners’ association lien priority.
She regularly defends financial services providers against individual and class claims brought pursuant to RESPA, TILA, FCRA, FDCPA, and TCPA. Additionally, Monica defends mortgage lenders, servicers, and other financial services providers against borrower complaints alleging violations of state statutes, wrongful foreclosures, and debt collection statutes.
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2012, Texas Hispanic Journal of Law and Policy, Submissions Editor & Associate Editor
- B.B.A., University of Texas at Austin, Marketing, 2009
Bar Admissions : Texas
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional Experience :
- Legal Intern, Catholic Charities Archdiocese of San Antonio, Inc., 2012
- Law Clerk, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, San Antonio, Texas, 2011
- Judicial Intern, U.S. Department of Justice, EOIR, Harlingen Immigration Court, Harlingen, Texas, 2010
Rate : $$$