Monique A. Gaylor is an experienced litigator who represents banks and financial service companies in complex civil matters, including breach of contract and related litigation involving residential mortgage backed securities. She brings a unique business background in fixed income, commodity and foreign currency trading, and analysis to bear for her clients.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Monique worked in the New York office of a global law firm. Monique also worked at Bank of America, on secondment, as a member of the legal team managing legacy asset RMBS rep and warrant risk relating to inbound claims by monolines, and private label and whole loan investors.
Monique examines all of her clients’ matters in their entirety and carefully crafts individualized approaches to their highly critical and complex circumstances. She works diligently, efficiently, and effectively to achieve favorable results on behalf of her clients and position them for long-term sustainability.
Monique was nominated by Super Lawyers Magazine as a NY Metro Area Rising Star (2014-15).
- Defended one of the nation’s largest savings banks in federal action brought by monoline Assured Guaranty against allegations of breaches of loan-level representations and warranties in RMBS
- Defended global investment management company in breach of contract action in state court
- Represented an executive of Collins & Aikman’s who was indicted for conspiracy and securities fraud, and in related civil, SEC enforcement, and bankruptcy actions
- Represented issuer in securities fraud internal investigation
- Represented an international beauty manufacturer in an internal investigation regarding alleged FCPA issues
- Represented broker-dealer in FINRA arbitration
- Represented global reinsurance company in large multi-defendant securities fraud class action
- Represented Merrill Lynch in Enron securities fraud litigation and related cases
- Represented Canadian issuer in securities fraud actions
- Represented individual indicted for conspiracy and visa fraud
Monique also maintains an active pro bono pro bono practice. Recent matters include:
- Represented individual in state criminal appeal
- Represented plaintiff in 42 U.S.C. § 1983 matter
- Successfully defended 19-year old at trial in state court on three counts of armed robbery
- New York
- Federal District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- Federal District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Hofstra Law School, J.D., 2004
Rate : $$$