Monique B. Howery is an attorney in Reed Smith’s Financial Industry Group practicing in the areas of Commercial Restructuring & Insolvency and Commercial Litigation. She has represented secured creditors in commercial bankruptcy proceedings including preference actions, cash collateral disputes, asset sales, and automatic stay issues. She has extensive experience in complex matters involving breach of contract, replevin, fraudulent transfers, ad valorem tax disputes, and post-judgment enforcement.
Monique also has broad litigation experience representing diverse clients in a range of matters including, but not limited to, trademark and brand enforcement, white collar criminal defense, publicity rights, and claims related to wrongful conviction.
An emerging leader for diversity and inclusion in the legal profession, Monique co-leads the Professional Development Pillar of the firm’s Black/African-American Affinity Group, and is active in the firm’s Women’s Initiative.
She regularly mentors diverse law students and recently was selected as the firm’s representative to the Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession’s Social Impact Incubator. Monique also dedicates significant time to professional, civic, and pro bono matters.
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, 2012, J.D.
- Roosevelt University, 2003, MBA
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, 1995, B.S.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Indiana
Professional Affiliations :
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Rate : $$$