Morgan J. Hayes is a corporate partner and a member of the firm’s Capital Markets and Private Equity Groups. Mr. Hayes regularly represents issuers, private equity firms and underwriters in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, and he also counsels public and private companies on disclosure, corporate governance, finance and general corporate matters.
His recent experience includes acting for clients such as Tribune Media Company, The Hertz Corporation, High Ridge Brands, Verizon Communications, Kelso & Company, Providence Equity Partners and The Carlyle Group.
Prior to joining Debevoise in 2010, Mr. Hayes was an associate at an international law firm in Palo Alto, California from 2007 through 2010. Mr. Hayes received his J.D. from Fordham University School of Law in 2007 and a B.A from Cornell University in 2002. He was admitted to the bar in California in 2008 and New York in 2012.
Mr. Hayes’ recent articles include “Dropped Herbalife Insider Case Leaves Questions Unanswered,” Law360 (February, 2015). He is also co-managing editor of the firm’s Insider Trading and Disclosure Update.
- Japan Post Holdings in its purchase of a strategic stake of approximately 7% of outstanding common shares of Aflac.
- High Ridge Brands, a leading personal care consumer products company and a portfolio company of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, in its $250 million offering of 8.875% senior notes due 2025.
- High Ridge Brands, a leading personal care consumer products company and a portfolio company of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Dr. Fresh.
- Greater Media in its $240 million sale to Beasley Broadcast Group.
- Barclays and Credit Suisse, as lead underwriters, in the $169 million initial public offering by GMS.
- Hertz in its $2.5 billion spin-off of its equipment and rental business.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA in the merger of SRA with the government services unit of CSC, creating the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector.
- Tribune Media in the refinancing of its $3.773 billion term loan facility and its $1.1 billion offering of 5.875% senior notes due 2022.
- Tribune Media Company in the listing of its Class A common stock on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Tribune Media Company in its spin-off of Tribune Publishing Company.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Dell in the $24.9 billion sale of Dell to an investor group including Michael Dell and Silver Lake.
- Verizon Communications in its $49 billion bond offering, the largest ever corporate bond issue, as well as over $10 billion in additional debt financing to finance, in part, Verizon’s acquisition of Vodafone Group Plc’s 45% indirect ownership interest in Verizon Wireless.
- Gogo in its $187 million initial public offering of common stock.
- HD Supply in its $1.1 billion initial public offering of common stock.
- Syniverse Holdings in its delayed draw term loan credit agreement of up to $700 million on the acquisition of W.P. Roaming III S.a r.l. (“MACH”).
- Access Industries in the financings for its $3.3 billion acquisition of Warner Music Group.
- Fordham University School of Law, 2007, J.D.
- Cornell University, 2002, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$