Morgan E. Smith focuses her practice on trademark and false advertising litigation, portfolio management, prosecution, and client counseling. She litigates cases and manages worldwide trademark portfolio and enforcement efforts for some of the worlds most renowned brands, representing clients in a diverse range of industries, including sports equipment, apparel, food and beverage, pet products and services, automotive, and telecommunications.
Morgan’s comprehensive trademark practice includes handling federal district court cases and cancellation and opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
In her litigation practice, she conducts offensive and defensive discovery, including electronic discovery, and handles day-to-day litigation activities. Morgan has worked on winning requests for injunctive relief, requests for seizures of counterfeit goods and related assets, class certification briefs, and summary judgment briefs.
Strategic portfolio management and enforcement counseling is also an important part of Morgan’s practice. She counsels clients with large international portfolios on selection, maintenance, and enforcement of trademark rights in the United States and abroad. Her pro bono practice includes routinely representing clients in Silicon Valley in landlord/tenant disputes.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law J.D., 2013
- University of California, Los Angeles B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, 2010
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, C.D. California
- U.S. District Court, E.D. California
- U.S. District Court, N.D. California
- U.S. District Court, S.D. California
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Veterans Claims
Professional Activities :
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Food Technologists
- Phi Beta Kappa
Rate : $$$$