Morgan A. Woods focuses her practice on secured and unsecured lending facilities, including private investment fund, commodities and energy-related assets.
As an associate on the capital finance and real estate team, Morgan acts as counsel to both borrowers and lenders in financing transactions involving a variety of asset classes, including private equity, hedge fund, oil, gas and petrochemical assets.
- Represents global financial institutions as agent and lender in domestic and cross-border secured credit facilities.
- Represents leading corporate clients in the retail industry in a variety of secured transactions, including bilateral and syndicated financings.
- Serves as legal advisor to Ginnie Mae in connection with its Multiclass Securities Program.
- Advises clients on all aspects of Articles 8 and 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- In consultation with other specialists in the Firm, advises clients on complex matters
- relating to ERISA, AML and OFAC compliance, tax, and bank regulatory issues that arise in lending transactions.
- JD, The University of Alabama School of Law, Alabama Law Review, 2017
- BA, Political Science, NC State University, Valedictorian, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 2013
- North Carolina
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association, Business Law Section
Rate : $$$