Morley S. Fortier is a partner in the firm’s Global Corporate Group. He concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, financing matters, corporate governance issues, and general corporate law matters for private equity funds, their portfolio companies, and other public and privately-held businesses. His transaction experience spans a wide range of industries and deal sizes.
In addition, Morley is a member of the firm’s Emerging Growth/Venture Capital Team and has worked with private companies in all stages of growth, advising each with respect to capital structure, fundraising, acquisitions, divestitures, and eventually exit transactions.
In law school, Morley was Lead Articles Editor for The John Marshall Law Review and a member of The John Marshall Law School Moot Court.
- John Marshall Law School, 2008, J.D., summa cum laude; The Order of John Marshall; Fred F. Herzog Moot Court Competition Semifinalist and Fred F. Herzog Scholar; CALI Awards in Contracts, Civil Procedure, Corporations and Federal Courts
- University of Notre Dame, 2002, B.A.
- University of Notre Dame, 2002, B.B.A.
Professional Admissions & Qualifications : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- All State Courts – Illinois
- Represented Prestige Brands Holdings, a marketer and distributor of brand name over-the-counter health care and household cleaning products, in its $750 million acquisition of Insight Pharmaceuticals from private equity firm Swander Pace Capital
- Represented a privately owned client (private equity portfolio company) in the audio/visual solutions industry in its auction sale to a financial buyer.
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange listed company in a Bankruptcy Code Section 363 transaction involving the purchase of assets of a privately owned company in the cat litter and cat products industry.
- Represented multiple subsidiaries (domestic and foreign) of a New York Stock Exchange listed company in the sale of its European vendor finance business to a former public company.
- Represented a secured lender in an assignment for the benefit of creditors transaction.
- Represented a privately owned client (private equity portfolio company) in the industrial coatings industry in its sale to a strategic buyer.
- Represented a private equity fund in two proposed acquisitions of the gambling and gaming operations of two privately owned companies.
- Represented a New York Stock Exchange listed company in the proposed acquisition of the business of a leading privately owned equipment leasing company.
Rate : $$$