Ms. Mukti Patel specializes in representing corporations, small businesses, and individuals before federal and state courts at both the trial and appellate level in a broad range of business disputes. While being an assertive advocate before various tribunals, she offers practice and pragmatic advice to her clients to resolve disputes in a cost-efficient manner that is in their best interests.
Ms. Patel has experience handling complex commercial litigations, employment litigations, breach of contract claims, trust and estates litigations, insurance claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, commercial real estate litigations, fraud claims, and financial services litigations. By way of example, she has been involved in the representation of:
- a national corporation in a litigation involving more than thirty separate causes of action arising out of a breach of an asset purchase agreement;
- a life insurance company in various opt-out cases resulting from a sales practices class action;
- the beneficiary of an extensive estate in a appeal from an adverse ruling in the trial court that found him to have exerted undue influence over the testator;
- an antique lighting collector in a civil suit over the theft of the majority of his collection;
- a real estate developer against the seller of approximately forty acres of land arising from the seller’s breach of a real estate purchase agreement; and
- various corporations in Laidlow claims asserted by employees seeking to circumvent the Workers’ Compensation bar.
Before FisherBroyles, LLP, Ms. Patel was a senior associate at Fox Rothschild LLP in its Litigation practice group and at McCarter & English LLP in its Financial Services Litigation practice group. Prior to this, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Richard Newman sitting on the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division.
Ms. Patel is also a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association and has been appointed to serve on its Appellate Practice and Business and Commercial Litigation Committees. She is also a former member of the Board of Directors for CONTACT of Mercer County, a non-profit organization providing suicide hotline and other services.
- Rutgers School of Law | Newark; J.D., 2002
- Rutgers University; B.A., History & Political Science, 1999
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court, D.N.J.
Rate : $$$$