Myles F. Reynolds’ practice focuses on the representation of, and associated counseling for, electric utilities, natural gas utilities and midstream companies, as well as other energy companies regulated by state and federal government agencies.
Myles regularly represents clients in litigated proceedings before the Public Utility Commission of Texas, the Railroad Commission of Texas, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, including rate cases, certificate proceedings and complaints.
Myles also assists clients with greenfield project development, legislative initiatives, regulatory compliance, commercial transactions related to an ongoing business, large corporate transactions (including financings and mergers and acquisitions), and post-closing business transitions.
- Represented a Texas transmission-only electric utility in connection with litigated proceedings to establish cost of service-based rates and associated tariffs for service, including initial rates and tariffs for future operations.
- Represented a Texas transmission-only electric utility in litigated proceedings to obtain a certificate of convenience and necessity, and amendments thereto, for proposed transmission facilities, including certification of the Houston Import Project and three projects associated with the Competitive Renewable Energy Zone (CREZ) initiative.
- Represented and counseled a Texas transmission-only utility in implementation issues associated with its affiliate code of conduct, operations, reporting requirements and financing initiatives.
- Represented and counseled largest transmission and distribution utility in Texas in proceedings associated with its change in ownership arising from bankruptcy proceedings of the utility’s parent company.
- Represented the largest transmission and distribution electric utility in Texas in various litigated proceedings, including those associated with 15 applications for certificates of convenience and necessity for proposed transmission facilities.
- Represented the largest transmission and distribution electric utility in Texas in multiple requests for cost of service-based rates.
- Represented the largest transmission and distribution electric utility in Texas in reconciliation of costs associated with deployment of smart grid technologies.
- Counseled the largest transmission and distribution electric utility in Texas in matters related to North American Electric Reliability Corporation’s Reliability Standards, including compliance and enforcement issues associated with critical infrastructure protection (CIP) requirements.
- Counseled the largest transmission and distribution electric utility in Texas in regulatory issues associated with the development of a broadband over power lines project and related development of state legislation addressing deployment.
- Represented the largest natural gas utility in Alaska in a cost of service-based rate case before the Regulatory Commission of Alaska.
- Represented and counseled AltaGas, Ltd. in the $6.4 billion acquisition of WGL Holdings, owner of a regulated natural gas utility, midstream franchise, and non-regulated contracted power and energy marketing businesses throughout the United States.
- Represents a Texas intrastate pipeline company in the negotiation of transportation agreements for new pipeline facilities extending from Texas to the international border between the United States and Mexico.
- Represented multiple intrastate pipeline companies in cost of service-based rates and quality of service proceedings before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission pursuant to Section 311 of the Natural Gas Policy Act.
- Represented a Gulf Coast interstate natural gas pipeline in the preparation and prosecution of a general rate case under Section 4 of the Natural Gas Act before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Counseled an intrastate natural gas pipeline company and a natural gas marketing company in connection with investigations and inquiries by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and state regulatory authorities associated with the clients’ response to extreme weather events that affected utility system reliability.
- Represented and counseled a gas gathering company in connection with a construction-related accident and associated investigation by the Railroad Commission of Texas.
- Represented the largest Texas-based pure play natural gas distribution utility in multiple litigated matters before the Railroad Commission of Texas, including representation in multi-billion dollar prudence reviews of the company’s natural gas purchases and representation of the utility in multiple requests for cost of service-based rates.
- Drafted and negotiated gas gathering, gas purchase, pipeline operating, and pipeline interconnection agreements for a midstream natural gas company for activities in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Counseled the US Department of Energy on its preparation of the license application for the Yucca Mountain Project (geologic nuclear waste repository).
- Counseled a large rapid transit authority in North Texas on environmental issues related to its light rail system expansion.
- Represented a large surface mining company in various permitting proceedings before the Railroad Commission of Texas, including those associated with new permits and with reclamation and bonding issues associated with permits.
- Counseled financial institutions and real estate developers in brownfields redevelopment efforts.
- JD, Certificate in Environmental Law, Tulane University Law School, 2001
- BA, Geology and Environmental Studies, Washington and Lee University, 1996
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Member: Public Utility Law Section, and Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section, State Bar of Texas
- Energy Law Section and Environmental Law Section, Dallas Bar Association
- Washington and Lee University Alumni Admissions Committee
Rate : $$$$