Myra Benjamin is a staff attorney in the Financial Services Litigation section, whose focus includes the representation of clients in consumer law, business disputes, and commercial litigation.
Myra’s practice focuses on defending against claims arising under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”), and the Truth in Lending Act (“TILA”).
Before joining the firm, Myra was an attorney with the law firm of Glasser and Glasser, and while in law school, she served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable John T. Cook, Campbell County Circuit Court.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- Network of South Asian Professionals (NetSAP-DC)
- Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers’ Conference Minority PreLaw Conference
Professional Experience : Clerk for the Honorable John Cook, Campbell County Circuit Court (Virginia’s 24th Judicial Circuit), 2013
- College of William & Mary, B.A., 2006
- Regent University School of Law, J.D., 2015, Notes & Comments Editor, Regent Journal of Global Justice & Public Policy
- University of Alabama, LL.M. (Taxation), 2017
BAR ADMISSIONS : Virginia, District of Columbia
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Rate : $$$$