Ms. Myriam Rastaetter is a German and U.S. trained lawyer and practices in all aspects of general corporate law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions. She has extensive experience in both domestic and cross-border corporate transactions for clients ranging from family-owned businesses to large international groups.
Ms. Rastaetter counsels U.S. and foreign companies (many of which are from Germany or Austria) on a wide range of commercial legal issues, including company formations, negotiations of commercial contracts, and corporate governance matters. In addition, she has worked on matters arising under the Internal Revenue Code and ERISA relating to defined contribution plans.
Ms. Rastaetter is the supervisor of Gibbons’ foreign legal internship program (“FLIP”). Prior to joining Gibbons, Ms. Rastaetter completed her studies in Freiburg, Germany, where she received her German law degree and doctorate.
- University of Freiburg (Germany), Faculty of Law (J.D.)
- University of Freiburg (Germany), Faculty of Law (Ph.D., magna cum laude)
- Fordham University School of Law (LL.M., cum laude)
- Member, Fordham’s Corporate and Financial Law Journal
PROFESSIONAL ADMISSIONS : State of New York
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES :
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- European Law Students’ Association (ELSA)
Rate : $$$