Nadezhda Nikonova is an associate in the Antitrust and Competition Practice Group in the firm’s San Francisco office. Her practice focuses on high-technology cartel and monopolization cases. She has special experience working with expert witnesses and applying sophisticated economic analysis to antitrust law.
Ms. Nikonova earned her J.D. from the University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), where she was awarded the Certificate in Business Law. During law school, she was the Editor-in-Chief of the Berkeley Business Law Journal, clerked at the Federal Trade Commission’s Bureau of Competition, and served as a research assistant to revise an antitrust law textbook.
Ms. Nikonova formerly worked as an economic analyst with expert witnesses on antitrust litigation and merger clearance matters. She received her B.A. summa cum laude in economics and psychology from UCLA.
- Representing a leading multinational electronics company in price-fixing actions concerning rechargeable lithium ion batteries. In re Lithium ion Batteries Antitrust Litig., MDL No. 2420 (N.D. Cal.)
- Representing prominent smartphone and tablet manufacturer in global patent and standards related antitrust governmental proceedings.
- Successfully represented an online lender exchange against antitrust counterclaims arising from assertion of patent infringement claims. LendingTree, LLC v. Zillow, Inc. et al. (W.D.N.C.)
- Represented Samsung SDI against price-fixing claims involving TFT-LCD products. In re TFT-LCD (FLAT PANEL) Antitrust Litig., MDL. No 1827 (N.D. Cal.)
- Utilized Russian-language skills in numerous cases to revise contracts, review evidence, and conduct foreign legal research.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley School of Law, 2013; Certificate in Business Law; Editor-In-Chief of the Berkeley Business Law Journal; Research Assistant to Professor Aaron S. Edlin
- B.A., Business Economics and Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 2006; summa cum laude, college honors
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal
- U.S. District Court for the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- Young Lawyer Representative, ABA Antitrust Section’s Joint Conduct Committee, 2016-2017
- American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, Intellectual Property Committee and Economics Committee
- State Bar of California
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
Rate : $$$