Nadia Garvin-Dai Johnson is an Associate at Fragomen’s San Francisco office. She counsels corporate clients ranging from start-ups to multinational companies on a wide range of immigration matters, including new hire issues, strategies for permanent residence, corporate restructuring and maintenance of employee status.
Nadia has extensive experience assisting clients with employment-based and family-based visa petitions, including PERM, EB-1, adjustment of status, consular processing and naturalization. She has strategized filings to respond to USCIS Requests for Evidence, Motions to Reopen/Reconsider and appeals to the Administrative Appeals Office. Nadia has also filed successful appeals to the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals (BALCA).
She has trained corporate clients and their employees on topics such as business travel, immigration basics, the permanent residence process, and changes to immigration procedures and their impact on foreign national employees.
- Filed a successful BALCA appeal, overturning a PERM denial on experience in specific skills required by the employer.
- Filed a successful appeal to the Administrative Appeals Office, overturning USCIS’ denial of an EB-1C Multinational Manager or Executive petition based on the beneficiary’s functional manager experience with the petitioner abroad.
- Filed a successful response to a Request for Evidence on an EB-1A Extraordinary Ability filing for an engineer in the open source software field.
- University of San Francisco School of Law | J.D., 2003
- Boston University | B.A., 1999, cum laude
Bar Admissions: California
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$$