Nam H. Kim is a partner in the Intellectual Property Practice Group in the firm’s San Diego (Del Mar) office and spends a considerable amount of time in our Seoul office. Mr. Kim’s practice focuses on patent litigation, patent preparation and prosecution, ex parte reexamination, AIA post-grant review proceedings, and IP counseling. Mr. Kim also counsels clients on trademark applications, oppositions and infringement matters.
He is involved in patent litigation matters to defend clients’ IP rights against infringers and defend clients against alleged infringements. He also has extensive experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications and provides strategic IP counseling. Mr. Kim also represents clients in reexamination and inter partes review proceedings.
He has experience and knowledge in a variety of technologies including various wireless technologies (WCDMA, HSPA, LTE, CDMA2000, wireless modems, cellular Multi-media Messaging Service (MMS)), vehicle navigation systems, digital and analog electronics, optics, LCD, and other display technologies, magnetic resonance imaging technology, digital image processing, nanotechnology, MEMS devices, photovoltaic cells, hard disk drive technology, semiconductor devices and processing, medical devices, computer software, motors and motor drives for electric vehicles and CNC machining centers.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 2007, cum laude
- M.S., Physics, Cornell University, 1990
- B.S., Physics, Stanford University, 1985, with honors
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Member of legal advisors to Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA) advising on IP-related issues
- Board Member, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (PALSD)
- Member, Board of Advisors for U.S.-Korea Law Foundation
- Former President, Korean American Bar Association of San Diego (KABA-SD)
- Member, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA)
Rate : $$$