Nanci Weissgold is a member of Alston & Bird’s Financial Services & Products Group and a co-leader of the Consumer Financial Services Team. She advises financial institutions and financial service providers on issues relating to mortgage lending and mortgage servicing, valuation and other consumer lending issues as part of her national regulatory compliance practice.
Nanci is a frequent speaker and presenter at legal and industry conferences and webinars, and has published numerous articles on mortgage banking, valuation and consumer finance related topics. She served as articles editor of the Administrative Law Journal at American University.
- District of Columbia
- American University (J.D., 1992)
- University of Massachusetts (B.A., 1989)
- American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers, Fellow
- Women in Housing and Finance Foundation, primary outside counsel, 2007-2009
- The Conference on Consumer Finance Law, Governing Committee
- Counsel clients on compliance with state and federal laws affecting lending and servicing activities, including the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Conduct enterprise-wide Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) readiness reviews of a company’s business lines, operations and products to assess the level of potential risks to consumers and evaluate a company’s compliance management program.
- Defend administrative enforcement actions (including state government audits, single- or multistate examinations and investigations) and assist in litigation involving regulatory compliance issues.
- Acted as regulatory counsel to the FAIR Coalition and defend clients in government investigations and enforcement proceedings concerning valuation issues.
- Work with state regulators to obtain approvals, licenses or regulatory guidance.
Rate : $$$