Nancy N. Delogu defends management in a range of employment disputes, including : Fitness-for-duty, Workplace harassment, Discrimination, Workplace privacy, Disability accommodation issues. She regularly appears before federal and state courts and administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and related state and local agencies. She has specific experience with claims involving:
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act
- The Older Workers Benefit Protection Act
- The Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act
Nancy is a recognized authority on federal and state drug-free workplace and drug-testing issues and has drafted dozens of substance-abuse prevention policies, including Department of Transportation-mandated programs.
She also helps DOT-regulated employers comply with regulations and requirements addressing workplace safety and medical certification. She also counsels clients on implementing reductions-in-force that comply with the federal OWBP and WARN acts and similar state statutes.
Nancy is a frequent presenter and trainer on harassment avoidance, conducting lawful investigations, and drug and alcohol testing. She has testified before the United States Commission of Civil Rights regarding the ADA and substance abuse. She is former counsel and associate director of the Institute for a Drug-Free Workplace.
She is a former adjunct professor at the College of William & Mary’s Marshall-Wythe School of Law where she co-taught an introductory course on traditional labor law. She was also an academic representative for West Publishing. Nancy also is a member of the Steering Committee of the Women’s Leadership Initiative.
- J.D., College of William & Mary, 1994
- B.A., Tufts University, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
Rate : $$$$