Nancy Linnan practices primarily in the areas of environmental and land use law, administrative law, and government consulting. In the growth management area, she counsels clients regarding developments of regional impact, comprehensive plan amendments, sector plans, and local land use and related approvals.
She also works on policy development with the Florida legislature, state agencies, and local governments. Additionally, Nancy handles state, federal, and local environmental permitting matters, including those related to water use permits, environmental resource permits, coastal permits and approvals for use of state-owned upland or sovereign lands.
Nancy’s general administrative law and government consulting activities include work before all state agencies with an emphasis on the Departments of Economic Opportunity, Legal Affairs, Transportation, Environmental Regulation, Management Services in State Procurement, Revenue, Business and Professional Regulation.
Her administrative law and government consulting range in the areas of Executive Office of the Governor, Cabinet, Florida Legislature, regional planning councils, water management districts, special districts, and local governments. Nancy is the government law and consulting practice group leader.
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1974)
- Dickinson College (B.A., 1970)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- The Florida Bar
- Chair, Florida Chamber Growth Management Leadership Task Force
- Associated Industries of Florida
- Board of Directors
- Chair, Governance Committee and Real Estate Committee
- Member, City of Tallahassee Charter Review Commission (2009)
- Assistant Secretary, Florida Department of Community Affairs (1983-1985)
- Assistant Deputy Attorney General and Chief, Division of Cabinet Affairs for the Florida Attorney General (1979-1983)
- Assistant General Counsel to Governor Reubin Askew (1977-1978)
- Assistant General Counsel, Florida Department of Administration (1977)
Rate : $$$$