Nancy Kahn specializes in complex commercial and environmental litigation and arbitration. She also serves as general counsel to private corporations and public organizations.
Nancy’s litigation practice includes both trial and appellate matters in state and federal courts. Her years of litigation experience have involved a wide variety of complex issues including securities fraud, products liability, pension and employment issues, contractual and insurance issues and construction cases.
She enjoys the challenge of developing a rapid understanding of complex issues. Prior to entering private practice, Nancy served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Cornelia Kennedy in the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, and worked as a Research Attorney for the Michigan Court of Appeals.
In connection with her role as counsel to private corporations and public organizations, she negotiates and prepares complex contracts, represents clients in real estate transactions, and analyzes insurance coverage issues, as well as addressing issues involving bidding, bonds and construction liens.
Nancy’s focus on Environmental Law encompasses both her role as litigator and counselor. She has extensive experience with respect to the following:
- Brownfield Redevelopment and Tax Increment Financing
- Resolution of Alleged Violations of Environmental Permits, Statutes, Regulations & Ordinances
- Litigation and Arbitration Involving Environmental Issues
- Preparation of Corporate and Industry Position Statements and Analysis Regarding Proposed Regulations
Nancy’s goal is to find the most practical and expedient resolution to complex problems in all services she provides.
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 1978
- Wayne State University, B.S., 1973
Bar and Court Admissions:
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
Rate : $$$$