Nancy E. Pritikin is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm’s Silicon Valley office. Ms. Pritikin has extensive courtroom experience and specializes in employment discrimination, wrongful termination, investigations of employee conduct, and sexual harassment matters.
Regarded for her experience as a trial attorney, Nancy is well-versed in high-profile employment class action matters. In addition to representing a police chief in a highly-publicized sexual harassment case and representing the Supreme Court of California in litigation alleging disability discrimination, she has successfully served as lead trial counsel for multiple class action cases, including wage and hour and discrimination claims.
Her clients have also included: Financial institutions; Airlines; Real estate brokerage firms; Retailers; Sports teams; Food service organizations; Soft drink companies; Insurance; Construction material.
Nancy appears regularly in state and federal courts, mediation, and arbitration forums and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, and she handles discrimination and sexual harassment issues arising under:
- Title VII
- The Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Americans with Disabilities Act
- The Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The California Fair Employment and Housing Act
Nancy also has extensive knowledge of California wage and hour laws and leave laws. She has counseled employers in many aspects of the employment relationship, including: Avoidance of litigation; Disability issues; Drug testing; Background investigations; Sexual harassment investigations; Reductions-in-force; Development of personnel policies and procedures. Nancy has also worked extensively with the National Institute for Trial Advocacy in providing firm-wide instruction on litigation and discrimination topics.
- J.D., University of Florida, 1978, With Honors
- B.A., University of Florida, 1975
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- California Supreme Court
- Florida Supreme Court
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Rate : $$$$