Nancy Stephens leads Foster Pepper’s Trademark & Copyright practice. She has more than 25 years of experience both as in-house counsel and in private practice counseling clients in connection with the selection, registration, protection and enforcement of their intellectual property.
Her vast experience includes counseling clients in industries ranging from apparel to food and alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages. Nancy also has particular experience with long range strategic counseling for trademark acquisition and exploitation.
She is a frequent presenter on a variety of topics related to trademarks and copyrights, including issues related to social media and the wine and spirits industry.
Prior to joining the firm in 2000, Nancy served as trademark counsel for The Coca-Cola Company and also as assistant division counsel for The Minute Maid Company.
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, 1987
- Masters of Education, Seattle University, 1984
- B.A., Seattle University, 1979
- Washington, 2001
- California, 1989
- District of Columbia, 2001
- Georgia, 1988
- Loren Miller Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Corporate Counsel Association, Member
- International Trademark Association, Member
- American Intellectual Property Association, Member
- Foster Pepper PLLC
- The Coca-Cola Company, Trademark Counsel (Atlanta, GA), 1993-2000
- The Minute Maid Company, Assistant Division Counsel (Houston, TX), 1990-1993
- The Coca-Cola Company, Associate (Atlanta, GA), 1987-1990
Rate : $$$$