Nanette Heide practices corporate law in the area of transactions and general corporate counseling. Ms. Heide represents private equity and venture capital investors, multinational and domestic corporations, in a wide spectrum of corporate finance transactions, including private equity and venture capital investments, institutional private placements, cross-border transactions, debt and equity structuring transactions, mergers and acquisitions, reverse mergers, joint ventures and strategic alliances.
She also has formed and structured private equity and hedge funds. She is Chair of Duane Morris’ Fashion, Retail & Consumer Products Group and is a member of the firm’s Partners Board. In 2018, Mergers & Acquisitions named Ms. Heide one of the Most Influential Women in Mid-Market M&A.
Ms. Heide serves as outside counsel for many mid-sized companies on issues of corporate governance, securities law compliance, general commercial transactions and disclosure issues. Her clients span a wide variety of industries, from fashion, retail and consumer products to communications, media and Internet-based businesses.
Ms. Heide previously served as general counsel and chief financial officer of two technology companies. She is a 1990 graduate of Washington and Lee University School of Law, where she was editor in chief of Washington and Lee Law News, and is a graduate of West Virginia University.
- Represented Four Springs Capital Trust, a real estate investment trust that invests in single-tenant net lease real estate, in its issuance of $40 million of Series E Preferred Shares to private equity funds managed by Guggenheim Investments, the global asset management and investment advisory business of Guggenheim Partners.
- Representing Four Springs Capital Trust, a real estate investment trust, in its underwritten IPO. This deal filed but was subsequently abandoned due to market conditions.
- Represented Naked Brand Group Inc., an innovative inner fashion and lifestyle brand, in its underwritten public offering and listing on the NASDAQ Capital Market.
- Represented a national pharmacy in a transaction which granted an option to a strategic to purchase the business for an aggregate purchase price of $230 million.
- Represented EQT Partners as part of international team in its acquisition of the U.S. assets, in the amount of $270 million, of UC4 Software Group.
- Represented an international portfolio services company in the sale of its business to a single purchaser for $300 million.
- Represented Four Springs Capital Trust in its offering of up to $50 million Series C Preferred Shares.
- Represented Four Springs Capital Trust in its offering of up to $25 million Series B Preferred Shares.
- Advised Metric Capital Partners in completing its fundraising for its second pan-European special situation fund in the amount of €465 million.
- Represented Intuitive Venture Partners, LLC in the formation of a fund for a private-equity offering of $7.09 million, with a target investment in a hedge fund.
- Represented Naked Brand Group Inc., an innovative inner fashion and lifestyle brand, in a partnership deal with Wade Enterprises, LLC, which is run by Dwyane Wade, a basketball player for the NBA’s Chicago Bulls.
- Member, International Bar Association, Corporate and M&A Committee
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) New York Chapter
- Member, Duane Morris Women’s Impact Network for Success
- Member, Duane Morris Diversity & Inclusion Steering Committee
- Member of Lexis Practice Advisor Expert Panel for Private Equity
- Former Chair, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) New York Chapter Women of Leadership Committee, 2016-2017, Member, Committee for Women’s Programs, 2008-2017
- Member, Retail Marketing Society
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
Rate : $$$