Naomi Meisels is a seasoned tax attorney. She provides tax planning advice and performs tax controversy work for clients, developing creative solutions to reach her clients’ ultimate goals.
- Initially prepared the tax opinion, with eventual complete involvement, in a multimillion-dollar cross-border transaction involving the sale of life settlement assets to an Ireland-based private company. Coordinated tax and corporate efforts among team members to ensure a seamless transaction.
- Represented an investment fund client with respect to the sale of interests in several fund management entities, advising on tax and corporate issues.
- Routinely advises clients in multimillion-dollar issues in the state and city of New York. Recently represented the former CEO of a major public company in a high-value New York residency and domicile dispute that resulted in a favorable settlement.
- As part of the team representing the receiver for the Michael Kenwood Group, advises the court-ordered receivership and qualified settlement fund on federal and state tax matters.
- Experienced in providing tax advice to energy companies, has advised an energy client on a multibillion-dollar sale of nuclear plants, including the transfer of qualified and non-qualified decommissioning funds.
Memberships : American Bar Association: Tax Section
- LL.M., New York University School of Law, 1987
- J.D., Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1983, cum laude
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University, 1980, cum laude
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York, 1984
Rate : $$$$