Natalie S. Tynan is an immigration lawyer who focuses on business immigration law, including compliance with I-9 regulations and working with clients to develop strategies to meet their immigration needs.
As a member of the firm’s immigration practice group, Natalie advises corporate clients regarding all aspects of immigration compliance and assists individuals and businesses seeking to obtain immigration benefits for themselves and their employees.
She also advises and assists clients with family-based immigration matters and naturalization filings.
Natalie is a contributing author to the firm’s Immigration Law Blog.
- More than eleven years of experience working in various capacities for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), specifically US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
- More than six years of experience developing policy for ICE and USCIS, and more than five years of experience working in The Office of Chief Counsel and other operational offices within USCIS.
- Counsels businesses on policies and procedures for I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, including visits to client sites to perform internal audits and training for personnel.
- Counsels clients on the immigration consequences of mergers and acquisitions and develops strategies to mitigate negative consequences on sponsored employees in L-1, E-2, H-1B and other categories.
- Oversees and assists in the preparation and processing of petitions and visa applications to obtain employment authorization for foreign nationals.
- Assists in developing and implementing strategies to overcome challenges related to H-1B cap limits including temporary visa categories, EB-1 immigrant petitions and PERM-based applications and analyzes international assignments that can lead to L-1 petition approval.
- More than one year managing the Policy Unit for ICE.
- Five years working for USCIS’ Office of Policy and Strategy as a Special Assistant.
- Two years as Chief of Adjudications for USCIS’ Service Center Operations.
- More than two years as a Supervisor over I-140 Immigrant Petitions in USCIS’s Administrative Appeals Office.
- Over a year working as an Associate Counsel in USCIS’ Office of Chief Counsel.
- JD, The Catholic University of America, 1999
- BA, Lafayette College, 1995
- District of Columbia
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$