Natasha G. Kohne is a co-leader of the firm’s cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice, which was named among the top cybersecurity practices in 2017 by BTI Consulting. She also has a cutting-edge international legal practice that focuses on investigations, litigation, regulatory and compliance, often involving complex multi-jurisdictional and cross-border challenges. Her clients include global financial services institutions, sovereign wealth and government-backed vehicles, private equity and hedge fund managers, and other multinational conglomerates in retail, health, energy and technology. The Daily Journal recognized Natasha as one of California’s top cyber/artificial intelligence lawyers in both 2018 and 2019 and as a “Top Women Lawyer” in 2017. She is also recommended by The Legal 500 US in Cyber Law in 2017-2018. She is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, International Association of Privacy Professionals).
Natasha handles a wide range of privacy and cybersecurity matters, including those related to:
- Privacy and cybersecurity-related investigations, enforcement and litigation
- Mitigation and management of cyber intrusions and related privacy and security incident response preparation
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Federal Trade Commission, (FTC) and other regulatory privacy and cybersecurity compliance and regulatory advice
- Federal and state legislative and regulatory requirements and processes.
Natasha represents entities and individuals in U.S., international and cross-border litigation, arbitration and investigations across a wide variety of industries.She has also served as an international arbitrator and has extensive experience in government and regulatory investigations and in complex commercial disputes before an array of courts and international tribunals in the Middle East, Europe and North America.
More generally, Natasha is regularly engaged in disputes, risk management, compliance and corporate advisory work on behalf of public entities, multinational clients, high-net-worth individuals/family offices and private companies.
- Represents companies in U.S., international and cross-border litigation, arbitration and investigations.
- Co-leader of the firm’s cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice.
- Advises on privacy- and cybersecurity-related investigations and enforcement actions.
- Drafted privacy and cybersecurity terms and conditions on behalf of a global transportation company in connection with its proposed operation of autonomous vehicle pilot programs in the U.S.
- Assisting with comprehensive merger and acquisition due diligence and risk assessments relating to privacy and cybersecurity matters in the U.S. and internationally.
- Representing clients in cross-border investigations involving intellectual property and the Internet in China, the GCC and the U.S.
- Advised an energy infrastructure company located in the Gulf Cooperation Counsel (GCC) on data breach investigations and remediation.
- Provided advice in international criminal and civil proceedings involving cyber intrusions and intellectual property investigations and disputes in Europe, the United States and the GCC.
- Supportive in U.S.-U.A.E. Business Council efforts, including speaking and supporting seminars regarding U.S.-U.A.E. business relations.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) International Association of Privacy Professionals.
- J.D., Harvard Law School, cum laude, 2000
- B.A., Columbia University, summa cum laude, 1996
- New York
Rate : $$$$