Nate Asher is a seasoned litigator with experience representing financial institutions, airlines, private equity firms, technology companies, insurance companies, and individuals. Nate litigates securities, antitrust, complex commercial, and bankruptcy matters. He also regularly works on government investigations and provides corporate counseling.
Nate uses a business-minded approach to defend clients against class actions and single-plaintiff lawsuits, steer them through contract disputes, and guide them through resolution outside the courtroom.
Nate is also passionate about protecting civil liberties and increasing diversity in the legal profession. He devotes time to representations focused on civil rights, immigration, and Fourth Amendment law.
He represents refugees and immigrants, as well as public policy institutes focusing on civil rights and constitutional law. Nate serves on the New York State Bar Association Diversity Committee and on the New York Lawyers for Public Interest Pro Bono Advisory Council.
Nate addresses the uniqueness of each case and client by making it his first priority to gain a clear understanding of his clients’ industries and goals.
Whether they envision the best outcome as a sweeping victory in court or as an early and quiet resolution, Nate remains focused on responsiveness, clarity, innovation, efficiency, and the use of technology to protect his clients’ interests.
- Defending private equity firm in lawsuit relating to securities offering
- Defending airline in antitrust class action alleging industry conspiracy
- Defending foreign company in contract and fraud dispute relating to failed acquisition
- Defending underwriters in lawsuits relating to securities offerings by tech companies
- Advising cryptocurrency exchange on potential litigation
- Co-authoring amicus briefs in U.S. Supreme Court, Second Circuit, and New York Court of Appeals regarding collection of electronic data
- Obtaining dismissal for bank in antitrust class action alleging price-fixing
- Securing legal permanent resident status for clients from around the world
- Obtaining favorable result for airline in trademark and antitrust dispute with travel agency
- Co-authoring amicus briefs in Fifth and Eighth Circuits challenging state statutes on behalf of biomedical ethicists
- Securing release of asylum seeker held in custody for more than a year without bond hearing
- Obtaining dismissal for bank in lawsuit alleging liability relating to Ponzi scheme
- Winning summary judgment for private equity firm in class action alleging antitrust conspiracy to rig leveraged buyouts
- Obtaining favorable result for bank in lawsuit alleging mortgage-disclosure violations
- Representing debtors and creditors in bankruptcy litigation
- Obtaining dismissal for airline in wrongful death lawsuit
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern and Southern District of New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Fordham University, J.D.: magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Winner of the Peter J. O’Connor Prize; Fordham Law Review
- Northwestern University, B.A., History
- Honorable Martin Glenn, US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
Rate : $$$