Nathan Dooley handles class action claims, contract disputes, defamation cases, intellectual property disputes and other commercial litigation matters. He also counsels startups interested in setting up their company, minimizing risk, providing incentives to employees, and avoiding common legal problems.
He earned his law degree from the University of California Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall). After law school, he clerked for the Honorable Carolyn B. Kuhl of Los Angeles Superior Court, the Honorable S. James Otero of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, and the Honorable Arthur Alarcon of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
He earned a Master’s degree from Queen’s University in Canada and a bachelor’s degree from the University of Saskatchewan. Nathan grew up in Canada and is fluent in Korean.
- Represented Grammy-award winning Ivory Productions in litigation in Los Angeles Superior Court. After a protracted trial, we successfully defended our client in a significant breach of contract and declaratory judgment action, and prevailed on a claim for over $400,000 in counsel fees.
- Discretely resolved several matters in Los Angeles for high-profile clients without any public press or attention.
- Successfully defended large nationwide religious organization in a suit brought by one of its former officers for fraud and breach of contract.
- Successfully defended start-up companies against claims by established competitors for the alleged misappropriation of trade secrets, copyright infringement and interference with contract.
- Prevailed by demurrer on a string of cases representing real estate agents and developers in cases related to the sale or lease of real estate.
- Managed litigation, retained local counsel, experts, and conducted investigation in Seoul Korea on a case related to the destruction of a distribution center near Seoul.
- Represented Full Tilt Poker, winning a stay and dismissal of a series of related cases, including allegations of defamation, breach of contract, alleged violation of RICO and antitrust laws.
- Represented an insurance company client in an international arbitration dispute related to damages or losses incurred at a military installation in South Korea.
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law (Boalt Hall), J.D., 2002
- Queen’s University, M.A., 1995
- University of Saskatchewan, B.A., 1993
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- California Superior Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court — Central District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
Rate : $$$$