Nathan A. Engel provides strategic counseling to business and non-profit clients on a wide range of legal issues.
By focusing first on each client’s specific business objectives, he targets solutions to address those goals. His clients look to him for advice on a host of matters including preparing and reviewing contracts, organizing and transforming business entities, corporate governance matters, risk management, statutory and regulatory compliance and business dispute resolution.
Nate also represents lenders and borrowers in business transactions, and in real estate sales, purchases and leases.
Nate’s experience as corporate counsel includes the following:
- Counseling clients regarding the organization and transformation of business entities.
- Representing privately held companies in mergers, stock and asset purchases, and divestitures.
- Day-to-day legal representation and counseling on a host of matters, including:
- Purchase and supply agreements
- Confidentiality and nondisclosure arrangements
- Transportation and logistics
- Consulting agreements
- Sales representation and distributor agreements
- Corporate governance matters
- Nathan helps clients resolve domestic and cross-border disputes with business partners, including suppliers and customers.
- Nate routinely advises tax-exempt clients in a number of different areas, including board member fiduciary duties and oversight responsibilities, and executive compensation matters. He also represents these clients in day-to-day operational and contractual matters.
- Business clients turn to Nate for guidance regarding compliance with laws and regulations on several fronts. In this respect, he helps clients comply with U.S. export control laws and regulations, the North American Free Trade Agreement and other United States trade and customs laws. He also counsels businesses with respect to compliance with government contracting and anti-corruption laws. Nathan has frequently assisted and provided advice regarding the establishment and maintenance of compliance programs in these areas.
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., 1999
- Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., 1994
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Rate : $$$$