Nathan L. Garroway is a trial lawyer and member of Dentons’ Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice. He leads the commercial litigation team in the Firm’s Atlanta office. He litigates complex business disputes for both plaintiffs and defendants and has more than 20 years of high-profile litigation experience for Fortune 500 clients.
He has defended consumer and statutory class actions throughout the United States—Georgia, Florida, California, New Jersey, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Washington, Minnesota, Indiana, and Ohio. Nathan also has experience with federal multidistrict litigation.
He also has experience in consumer disputes with financial institutions, contract disputes, business torts, privacy disputes, trade secrets, telecommunications, false advertising, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, shareholder/partnership disputes, law firm defense and all types of real estate litigation.
Nathan ’s broad real estate litigation experience has included, among other issues, receiverships, easements, commercial and residential lease disputes, pre-foreclosure disputes, foreclosure disputes, eviction, maintenance issues, occupancy tests, and debt service coverage ratio tests.
Nathan also has extensive experience with the Telemarketing Sales Rule and suing spammers and defending companies for claims pursuant to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
Nathan has tried cases for plaintiffs and defendants in both state and federal courts. In addition, he has represented claimants and respondents in arbitrations before the American Arbitration Association and FINRA.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, 1998, JD
- Washington University in St Louis, 1995, BA, summa cum laude
Admissions and qualifications:
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US District Court for the District of Colorado
- US District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- US District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- Class Actions
- Obtained judgment on the pleadings in a national putative class action regarding lease terminations.
- Obtained judgment on the pleadings in a national class action regarding early termination fees.
- In a putative class action involving federal excise taxes, successfully defeated a motion for temporary restraining order. Plaintiffs later dismissed their case with prejudice.
- Defended national putative class action regarding alleged improper cancellation procedures. Obtained favorable nationwide class action settlement.
- Compelled individual arbitration of a putative national class in a challenge to advertising claims of a major telecommunications company. The case subsequently settled on an individual basis.
- Represented national bank in putative class action arising out of Fair Housing Act. An early dismissal was obtained.
- Defending large probation company in three complex class actions challenging Georgia’s private probation code.
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Obtained summary judgment for home mortgage company arising out a repurchase agreement.
- Litigated disputes over therapy services agreements in Missouri, Georgia, Kansas, California, Illinois, Arkansas, Iowa, and Indiana.
- Successfully litigated Lanham Act case that caused defendant to take down the challenged advertising.
- Obtained summary judgment for a plaintiff financial institution and special limited partner in a complex low-income housing tax-credit partnership dispute.
- Obtained dismissal in federal court for a servicer and sub-servicer arising out of a loan relationship.
Memberships : American Bar Association, Litigation and Dispute Resolution Sections
Rate : $$$$