Nathan McClellan’s practice focuses on high stakes civil litigation throughout the country. Mr. McClellan represents clients in business and commercial litigation, product liability disputes, trademark and copyright litigation, consumer class actions, entertainment litigation, attachment proceedings, and more.
Mr. McClellan has served on numerous trial teams and has assisted in earning multiple defense verdicts for his clients. He has collectively helped his clients defeat claims seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in liability, and, when representing plaintiffs, has secured millions of dollars in judgments.
Mr. McClellan also counsels his clients outside the context of active litigation. He conducts internal investigations, advises clients on litigation risk, counsels clients on legal compliance issues, and engages in negotiations and mediation in efforts to avoid unnecessary litigation.
Mr. McClellan also maintains an active pro bono practice. He is a member of Dechert’s Pro Bono Committee, and represents clients in a diverse array of pro bono litigation, including cases involving indigent defense, separation of powers, free speech, voting rights, landlord/tenant, real estate, labor and employment, and more.
- University of Maryland, B.A., 2006
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2009, cum laude
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Representation of Union Carbide Corporation as a member of multiple trial teams in cases seeking damages for personal injury or wrongful death, including three cases tried to verdict. Each case resulted in a full defense verdict in Union Carbide’s favor.
- Defense of a major entertainment company in multiple cases alleging tortious interference with contract and fraudulent transfer, seeking hundreds of millions of dollars in damages.
- Representation of a commodities trading firm in fraud case involving tens of millions of dollars in losses and requiring coordination with simultaneous proceedings in multiple overseas jurisdictions.
- Defense of multiple major pharmaceutical companies in multi-district litigation and coordinated state proceedings involving thousands of claims of personal injury and wrongful death.
- Defense of a major apparel manufacturer from trade dress and copyright claims involving allegations that manufacturer copied plaintiff’s protected designs for women’s apparel.
- Representation of a consumer product company in appellate proceedings defending favorable jury verdict in class action false advertising litigation.
Rate : $$$$