Nathan S. Richards is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on general commercial litigation. Mr. Richards joined Debevoise in 2012. From 2013 to 2014, he clerked for the Hon. Kimba M. Wood, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. From 2014 to 2015, he clerked for the Hon. Chester J. Straub, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Mr. Richards received a J.D. magna cum laude from New York University School of Law in 2012, where he was a notes editor of the New York University Law Review and a member of the Order of the Coif. He received a B.A. summa cum laude from Brandeis University in 2009.
- A major pharmaceutical company in obtaining dismissal of qui tam action under the False Claims Act relating to marketing of prescription drug due to unethical behavior by relator’s counsel. In its dismissal, the district court, in addressing a novel legal issue, admonished counsel for obtaining medical information from physicians by engaging in “an elaborate scheme of deceptive conduct.”
- EM Limited in obtaining payment in full of an $849 million judgment against the Republic of Argentina arising from Argentina’s default on its sovereign debt, recognized as the 2016 Global Dispute of the Year by The American Lawyer.
- The Board of Directors of Monsanto in its $66 billion sale to Bayer.
- New York University School of Law, 2012, J.D.
- Brandeis University, 2009, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$