Nathan A. Schultz is an experienced practitioner in all facets of the bankruptcy process who designs innovative solutions that produce superior results and exceed client expectations. Nathan sharpened his keen insight by representing debtors, creditors, official committees, investors, liquidating trustees, purchasers and other parties in bankruptcy courts across the nation.
He has successfully confirmed and opposed confirmation of complex Chapter 11 plans, prevailed in bankruptcy appeals and prosecuted and defended fraudulent transfer and director/officer liability litigation.
Nathan’s practice focuses on financially distressed businesses across a wide range of industries, from real estate and hospitality to health care, gaming and manufacturing.
His experience representing official committees includes :
- Currently serving as counsel for the Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors of Heavenly Couture
- Trump Hotel and Casino Resorts, Inc., negotiating a $40MM+ settlement for shareholders and earning a performance bonus awarded by the Bankruptcy Court
- Trump Entertainment Resorts, Inc., negotiating settlement for unsecured creditors holding approximately $300 million in claims with bifurcated treatment structure to mitigate dilutive claim effects
- Krystal Koach, Inc., developing and implementing litigation strategy to fund distribution to unsecured creditors from liquidating trust
Prior to joining Fox Rothschild, Nathan was of counsel at a major international law firm, a shareholder at a boutique bankruptcy firm and a successful solo practitioner.
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (J.D., Order of the Coif, 2002)
- University of Michigan (B.A., with distinction and honors, 1998)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
Rate : $$$